So it looks like another year has come and gone and I’m sitting on the couch (using my totally awesome new lap desk that Tammy and Ronnie got me for Christmas) and thinking about the past year and what I really enjoyed about it. So here it is…
My Top Ten of 2010
10) The Back Up Plan – My favourite movie this year although Inception and Prince of Persia are a close second.
8 ) New Car – My Lumina died in July (I did write a post about it) so in August I bought a new car (well…new to me). I love my new Malibu. The moon roof is definitely a cool feature.
7) Matched by Ally Condie – I got this book in December and finished it in a few days. Wow. I love these beautifully written dystopian-type books. I also LOVED The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan!!! Who doesn’t love a book about Zombies???
6) My Week off in August – I stayed at my cottage for a week and did nothing except read, nap, write and eat hamburgers and hotdogs. It was wonderful!
4) Babies – My friend Andrea had a bouncing baby boy in June and in August I found out my other friend, Frances will be having a baby around my birthday next year. Who thinks she should have him on my Birthday so I can have a birthday buddy?? 🙂
3) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – I was very excited about the last book in the Hunger Games Series and it didn’t disappoint me. I was sad to see it end though.
1) Having Sara, Kristine and My Mom read a very rough draft of my first novel – I can’t thank you guys enough for taking the time to read it. I don’t think it was my best, in fact, I know I can do better but your advice and criticism and support means the world to me!!!
2010 was awesome but I’m looking forward to 2011. Happy New Year Everyone!!!